Monday, September 8, 2008

Song No. 4 - Don't Believe

This week I had really intended to spend a significant amount of time writing lyrics. Maybe coming up with a concept and preliminary lyrics early on in the week and fleshing out the full idea before the weekend. Then spending the weekend working on the music to support the lyrics. This didn't happen however. This song happened in a day. I came up with the concept on Thursday and then did all of the work ealier on this afternoon. I don't think it is lyrically as strong as it could be, but musically it didn't turn out so bad. I think it could be fleshed out with a full band, and turn into a pretty good song.

In this busy world, I have to make time throughout the week to write these songs, or else I don't think they will advance to the level I want them to. Just writing a song every week is definatly advancing my skills as a song writer and musician, but there's a part of me that wants each of these songs to be perfect. Maybe that's not possible. But I can't find out unless I dedicate more time throughout the week to exploring each idea.

Anyways its late. I have to work tomorrow.
Let me know what you think.

Don't Believe

Cheers.

On a food related note again - Cole made me a delicious Strawberry scone cake, with cream icing. Talk about inspiration!

No comments: